the i/A team

meet the family.

joey nolasco, AIA, CID

Principal / Co-Founder
KY# 6689
WV# 4541

God gave us two eyes, two ears, and one mouth for a reason…there are times we must watch and listen twice as intensely as we speak. Our team has a wonderful chemistry and we leverage that chemistry and excitement on all projects. Open communication and total inclusion make for a high energy work environment which will enhance your projects to a higher level.

B.Arch – University of Kentucky

joe rasnick, AIA

Principal / Co-Founder
KY# 7801

I believe that, more than anything, this job requires passion.  No matter what project type, scope, or scale, I try to find that aspect that I can believe in and get passionate about. When a client comes to you with a vision – it’s something they’ve been thinking and dreaming about for a while.  It’s going to be difficult to understand that vision, and do its design justice if you can’t be passionate about it.  Whatever that piece of the project is that speaks to you – hold on to it, use it, and weave it in to every part of the design process.

B.Arch – Auburn University

aaron bivens, AIA

KY# 7514

“Life’s battles don’t always go to the stronger or faster man but sooner or later the man who wins is the man who thinks he can.  For out in the world we find, success begins with a person’s will – It’s all in a state of mind.”
-Bill Bivens (among others)

B.A. (Studio Fine Arts) – Hanover College
M.Arch – Miami University

nick wiley, AIA

Project Architect
KY# 7815

“Form ever follows function.”
-Louis Henry Sullivan

“Less is a bore.”
-Robert Venturi

“Commodity, firmness, delight.”
– Vitruvius

“Be not afraid of being called un-fashionable.”
-Adolf Loos

B.Arch – University of Texas at Austin 

adam gillett, AIA, LEED AP

Project Manager
KY# 7316
CA# C33561

i/A works so well because it is a team of devoted individuals with complementary skills. My personal work ethic is developed through the tenets of education, precision and honesty – for myself, my coworkers and our clients.  Also: Random humor.

“99% of reality is perception. The remaining 1% is CHNOPS with trace elements of awesome.” – No one ever.

B.Arch – University of Kentucky

sam montgomery

Project Manager

“If you can dream it, then you can achieve it.  You will get all you want in life if you help enough other people get what they want.”
-Zig Zigler

“It is true that integrity alone won’t make you a leader, but without integrity you will never be one.”
-Zig Zigler

“Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude.”
-Zig Zigler

B.Arch – University of Kentucky

carrie hendrickson

Interior Designer

“The details are not the details.  They make the design.” – Charles Eames

“Always design a thing by considering it in its next larger context – a chair in a room, a room in a house, a house in an environment, an environment in a city plan.” – Eero Saarinen

B.A. (Interior Design) – University of Kentucky

justin white, Assoc AIA

Architectural Designer

Architecture is unique in that it deliberately influcences the way we live and feel. Its aesthetics speak to our culture and our values. With this in mind, a designer must observe and listen to all stakeholders involved and search for the questions that are not being asked. With design thinking we have the opportunity to take the complexity of a project and make it understood, functional, and beautiful.

“A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupery

B.A. (Architecture) – University of Kentucky
M.Arch – University of Kentucky

erin engler, Assoc AIA

Architectural Designer

Architecture is one of the only things that truly embodies art and science in a tangible form. Once I realized that – I realized I had found my passion.

“Design is where science and art break even.” – Mieke Gerritzen

“Good buildings come from good people and all problems are solved by good design.” – Stephen Gardiner

“Age is something that doesn’t matter, unless you are a cheese.” – Luis Bunuel

B.A. (Architecture) – University of Kentucky
B.A. (Psychology) – University of Kentucky
M.Arch – University of Kentucky

ted van zee

Architectural Designer

“Most of the really exciting things we do in our lives scare us to death.  They wouldn’t be exciting if they didn’t.” – Roald Dahl

“I don’t want to be a sheep – I want to be Batman.” – Isaac Van Zee

B.A. (Architecture) – Western Kentucky University
M.Arch – Southern Illinois University

carissa nolasco

Office Manager

“Ability is what you are capable of doing, Motivation determines what you do and Attitude determines how well you do it.” – Lou Holtz

omg… this could be you

i/A Employment Opportunities

We’re always on the lookout for new talent.  If you’d like to inquire about available positions, send your cover letter, resume, and portfolio to us.


Back to top